To improve the welfare of visually impaired people through the implementation of a comprehensive Braille writing system whose role is to encourage equal opportunities and their full participation in the social aspects , economic , education, employment , communication , health , religious , cultural , sports and recreation , and success efforts to improve the literacy and opportunities to access information through an effective program of providing Braille reading materials and technology relating to people with visual disabilities can live independent , productive citizens , contribute and equally able to enjoy the prosperity of the developed countries Malaysia and independence.
- Introducing this Community Library as one of the sources of information that has braille information sources.
- To raise awareness among society about Braille as a medium to allow visually impaired person to access information and knowledge.
- To showcase the disabled community activities as a method towards an inclusive and productive society.
- To help raise the ‘Braille Education Fund’ aimed at helping visually impaired children to acquire books in Braille.
- Date: 09th May 2015, Saturday
- Time: 8.30am – 4.30pm
- Venue: Perpustakaan Komuniti Ampang Waterfront
- Public Transportation:
- LRT Ampang Line – LRT Ampang Station
- RAPIDKL Bus No. 332 & No. 28
- Free Admission and all are invited to attend.