Perbadanan Kota Buku was inspired in line with the ambitions of the National Book Policy that recommends an establishment of a “Book City” in Malaysia. Kota Buku is a one-stop centre to gather readers, writers and publishers and to help them engage with each other in various book-related activities.
To become the ideal agency in the development of the nation’s book industry, covering the following aspects:
- Capacity Building
- o Training for Writers
- o Publishing of quality Contents
- o Professionalism of industry players
- o Added value to book-related activities
- o Digital and conventional publishing
- o Domestic and international trade
- o Control of intellectual property
- o Nation’s content hub
- o Commercial and social enterprising activities
- o Exhibitions and sales
- o Domestic and international book activities
- o Publishing of selected genres and themes
- o Future Book
- o State-of-the-art content solutions
- o Continuous enabler to modernise the industry
- Provide training for capacity building, focusing on the aspects of ‘Future Books’ through Kota Buku Academy.
- Driving the nation’s book industry to greater heights through social enterprising programs, networking with local and international industry players, exploring new markets and developing a world class infrastructure for the book industry.
- Developing the Kota Buku Digital platform as a high impact catalyst for all organised book related activities.
- To become the nation’s book industry nucleus.
- To become the centre of the nation’s book activities and exhibitions.
- To be the reference centre and clearing house for the book industry.
- To become the forerunner for state-of-the-art technology in the book industry.